Project Title & Location
LIBINGAN NG MGA BAYANI REVITALIZATION PLAN,
Fort Bonifacio, Taguig
Bases Conversion Development Authority
Department of National Defense,
Government of the Philippines
Espina-Perez-Espina, Landscape Architects
- Master Planning
- Project Phasing
The commitment of the Bases Conversion Development Authority in the development of the Fort Bonifacio stipulates that part of the proceeds from the sales of the Heritage Memorial Park be utilized for the improvement of the Libingan ng mga Bayani. Being the premier shrine of heroes of the country, a master plan is considered the most expedient manner of phasing the improvements and further development of the memorial grounds. This is in consideration that not all the burial plots in the shrine will be needed immediately. Thus, the need too, of some form of interim use for the area, in order to curtail the illegal occupancy of the property.
The master development plan calls for the full
revitalization of the shrine. This covers the following:
- Provide a visual coherence to the very strong geometry of the concentrics. This plan-form has also to be extended farther towards the outlying areas of the property.
- Articulate development guidelines for the placement of monuments, pylons and landmarks.
- Designate sites for the administrative complex, physical plant office and motorpool as well as equipment sheds for ground maintenance.
- Locate and designate a site for the presidential shrine.
- Provide an entry with a gateway marker that functions as an information kiosk for the shrine.
- Improve grounds to prevent water impounding, and by way of well-maintained landscaping.