Project Title & Location
ROSARIO SPORTS COMPLEX
Pasig, Metro Manila, Philippines
MUNICIPALITY OF PASIG
Pasig, Metro Manila
Kanlaon Construction, Inc.
ECT Consulting Engineers
- Site Planning
- Architectural and Engineering Design Services
Upon the instigation of Pasig Mayor Mario Raymundo, a sports complex and youth center is now located in Rosario. The site cover an area of 3.4 hectares. Access to the complex is by way of C. Raymundo Avenue and Dr. Sixto Antonio Road. Partly swampy, with section underwater, this condition is opportune in making the softball field in multiple layers of fill which vary from coarse gravel, earthfill and sandy layers of limestone. This allows for easy draining of the grounds during heavy downpours especially during the habagat.
The elements of the sports complex and youth center consists
1. A 3,000-seating capacity softball stadium with concessions and ancillary uses located on both wings of the building.
2. A walkway with shade trees that allows for a heath circuit and jogging as well as lends a park atmosphere to the complex.
3. A Youth Action Center for the training of the youth of pasig in their pursuit for art, culture and technical skills. The facility also serves as accommodations for athletes during big softball tournaments.
4. A market with wet and dry sections. In all there are ten modules of 14.4m x 14.4m.
Adequate parking facilities are provided, while an administration building completes the unified facilities in the complex.