Project Title & Location
TEN-YEAR PLAN FOR TOWNS OF THE TAGAYTAY-TAAL SUB-REGION
Taal Lakeshore Towns and Upland Cavite
PRESIDENTIAL COMMISSION ON TAGAYTAY-TAAL DEVELOPMENT ACADEMY OF THE PHILIPPINES
- Development Profiles
- Infrastructure Programming
- Livelihood Rationalization
- Land Use Planning
In order to implement the integrated master plan evolved by the Presidential Commission for Tagaytay-Taal, towns selected roles to perform for the integrity of development in the sub-region.
The role each town selected under the 10-year plan are:
1. Tagaytay City - Resort City and Information Technology Center
2. Alfonso - Floriculture Technology and Flower Center
3. Amadeo - Fruit Center and leader in fruit research
4. Mendez - Nunez - Vegetable Center
5. Silang - Argi-Business Center
6. Laurel - Fish research in Taal Lake
7. Balete - Site for activities related to agro-forestry
8. Agoncillo - Lead in lake resort development
9. San Nicolas - Central facility for lake cruising
10. Talisay - Focus on fish production
Ten other lakeshore
towns are participating in the integrated plan:
1. Alitagtag - Bamboo farming, industry and crafts
2. Cuenca - Outdoor recreation with Mount Maculot as venue for mountaineering
3. Lemery - Habitat Center on the lowlands and protected agro-forestry for the uplands.
4. Malvar - Center for urban agriculture
5. Mataas na Kahoy - Lead in agri-forestry, and agri-tourism destination
6. Lipa City - Multiple role of trade, education and biotechnology center
7. Sta. Teresita - Bamboo farming, industry and crafts
8. Sto. Tomas - Urban habitat zone.
9. Taal - Historic and heritage center
10. Tanauan - Multiple function oflivestock auction market, training center and heritage town.